3.28.2017

Acres of Fun

Today I did some more painting in the house - just repainting trim and molding to look fresh and nice for the next owners.

Zeek and I snuck out for another awesome Spanish class at Lisa's house. Then home for a quick lunch and out to the yard. We worked picking up fallen branches and burning them for three hours! That was twice the time I expected it to take. But it was lovely. Temps in the mid 50's, sun shining bright - I enjoyed every minute with him, and our property, fully aware this could be one of the last times we do this to this magnitude together. Certainly on this property anyway.  

Ezekiel was an amazing help! He pulled his own weight outside, lightening my workload. 

When we finished the big stuff we rewarded ourselves with a little trip to Culvers. Yuki joined us. We picked up gas for the leaf blower. Once home, Zeek put the wooden deck chairs on the deck from the shop for me and called it. 
I finished the yard with the leaf blower, including cleaning out the dog pen from the whole winter of doo-doo. It took me half the time I expected (about 1.5 hours) and it felt great to have it finished. 

I thought of them off and on today. The next people who get to stay here. Unlike the last house we sold, which I was kind of sorry for the buyers because of where we were moving to instead, this house and land is just such a beautiful blessing. Knowing what it feels like to wake up here everyday, to the views and wildlife, the peace and quiet, the luxuries and so much space - I'm excited for who ever ends up here. I can imagine how much they will love it, like we have. 


I want to do, fix, make and leave everything just right for them. 

God, whoever they are who gets to live in this place next, I pray that they are being prepared in the individually unique way that only You can orchestrate. I pray that You will make their journey hear easy and stress free. Bless them in all the same ways that you have blessed me here. To see You in ways I never knew You were here, and to hear you in the peace and stillness. 

Bless us with our own peaceful journey to the next home you have for us. Help us to stay the course with You and only You. Let the doors open leading to Your plans, and close tight the doors that lead away from what You have for us. 


We are so excited to see! It's so great to know that You already know it. 
Thank You God. It's all been amazing, and so will our future be. 
In Jesus name. 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers