3.28.2017

Moving Right Along

The last time we did this I wasn't writing. I had taken a year off of blogging our life, and don't have anything about the journey kept anywhere but in my heart and memory. 

This time I'm compelled to keep something - 

So here we are, packing our belongings. Packing in hopes, with plans to move. 
We haven't quite listed this dreamy Partridge Lane resort on the market yet, but we are nearing that time. We are stretching and checking that we have what we'll need, that we'll be in the right position when the gun fires. Ready, set, go. 

So far we have been slowly letting go of any and everything we don't see placing in our next home. A LOT has been let go of. We gave almost all of your remaining toys to another homeschool family. Our Goodwill drop off location knows us all too well. We have also sold a lot of the bigger stuff that wasn't coming with us. It feels better to be free of it than it is sad to see it go. Maybe it feels like molting.

Yesterday, I painted the basement ceiling. We boxed up what you're taking with you from your old bedroom, down the hall from your current bedroom, across the hall from your other bedroom... so many rooms here. I'm looking forward to seeing what God has in store for your spaces in the next house. Will there be a large bedroom where all of your media and tech stuff can join your bed, books and clothes? Or will you have a sleeping room and a playing area again? 
Only God knows. And that's enough for me to be excited for whatever it is. 

Last night we helped Greg pack his office up. It felt very real looking at the boxes with piled up with his name on them. I wondered about how he will feel leaving this house. He doesn't love change so much and he's still nostalgic about our last home. 

I on the other hand, have been moving out of this house for months in my head and heart. Saying good bye to the things I love, and even the few things I won't miss. I've palmed the trunks of my favorite trees, gave God praise for that fresh spring, lime green, curly, soft moss covering... everything. I will miss the moss. 

Ezekiel talked about being nervous to move. He shared how he has been here in this house for over half his life. It's natural to be a little anxious about such a move. 
But he also talked earlier of being a little bit lonely. And that is the truth. He doesn't even know how lonely and isolated he is out here. Beautiful, peaceful, and sacred as this place is, it does not lend itself to a daily dose of interaction, even with one another on account of the square footage. 

I think to the future and pray for our next house to be surrounded by people. I pray that God will continue to mold us and teach us how to love every one of them. I pray that the kids come to our house, and feel safe, and full. I pray that we can provide a warm and welcoming, open haven where souls come to rest and enjoy peace and God's ever-present love. 

I've heard that young growing-into-a-man of mine remember what it was like when we used to live like that. God don't let that have been the only season of our lives with so much life and love. 

God thank You for these four years of quite solitude. Thank You for making a way for all the reflection and growth. As we lean forward in trust with hearts to serve You, lead us right to the place You have for us - right where we can join your great commission - right where we can live the next season of our life as a family in honor to You and all You are. 
In Jesus name. 
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers