9.12.2019

Day Six - TLT 8h 15m

This morning, I made homemade Waffles in our new mini waffle maker that turns out to be the exact size and shape of Eggos. The recipe I used tasted more like waffles or pancake waffles. I will keep experimenting. I'm sure you won't mind being the tester. :)

  • We read Bible from 8:15 to 8:45 - about the complaining Israelites on the "trip" to Cannan. Also, we read about manna and the Sabbath. (30m)
  • From 8:50 to 9:30 we reviewed the Physical Science chapter you are in, you watched the review video and took a pre-test. You did really well, only getting one question wrong. As always. (40m)
  • From 9:40 to 10:00 you did Cultural Geography and a closer look at the North American Countries. (20m)
  • From 10:00 to 10:55 you did Spanish. I felt like with SEVEN steps today, Spanish was coming for your soul! lol You did it well though. I think Spanish is your fave this year. I know the teacher is your favorite for sure. :) (55m)
  • We had lunch from 11:00 to 12:00
  • You did Writing & Grammar from 12:10 to 4:30. This time was because we had a lot of catching up and revisions to notes we were not aware of - in MAJOR prep for a test. Sometimes test prep needs to take time and energy. Keeping up on notes and learning the information as it's taught, including doing the provided practices, results in much shorter prep times. (4h 20m)
  • You did Algebra from 4:40 to 6:10 (1h 30m)
Between the added W&G work, my crazy joke swears and the rubber band run we made for your braces, today was a bit of a roller coaster. All in all I'd say it was pretty fun, actually. It's HARD to change course from such a free and fun summer of NOTHING we don't want to do, to even greater demands, standards and time investment expected for this years schooling. Even I am feeling caged and like I want to break free and be wild sometimes. We might need to add a little bit of fun, joking, weird theatrical reading, meme breaks, etc... to help make this season more enjoyable. Either way, I love that I get to be with you, whatever the day looks like. :) You're awesome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers