10.18.2010

field trip - heritage and weidner production


Our first real "official" homeschool field trip.
Heritage Hill followed by the Weidner Center Production of 
Laura Ingles Wilder's Little House on the Prairie.

siteh

Your body shook when she slammed her teacher stick down 
on the front desk to begin the strict 15 minutes of school time
as it was done in the 1800s.

You wide-eyed spoke out,
"what's all the slamming about?"

siteh


You liked the slate and board alright,
but the teachers command to "blab this" or "blab that"
made you very uncomfortable.

"Blab" was my favorite part.

siteh


The school house all together was my favorite
and your least favorite.


You don't like or really even understand someone 
acting in control of you, especially in a harsh expectant manner.


In reflection of that I'm glad for you, 
but having been raised in a discipline of
respect and external controls I am sad to see 
the crumbling foundation of a stricter culture.
Right or wrong the methods.


We're kind of winging the new-ish concept of raising choice makers
of heart and character over instilling a fear of consequence. 


siteh


We learned about "calling cards".
How to fold which edge to leave a distinct message.
Proper response etiquette and what it meant to not respond. 

siteh


On your calling card you wrote your name and drew a little car.

DSC_0034


We learned a dance. 
There was an uneven amount of kids, so they asked me to join.
I picked you for a partner.


It was SO much fun!
You were so sweet and loved every minute of it.


I loved dancing with you.
Especially when you would cross your arm over your front, 
kick one leg behind you and bow at
"honor your partner".
It was so sweet that I had to bow with my head up
to watch your cuteness! :)


siteh


We ate lunch with the kids outdoors,
then drove to the Weidner Center for the play.


It was all very neat. 


We have two more field trips this week
as well as a fall festival we are hosting for some of our 
Homeschool friends.


Can't wait! :)


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh that's looks like so much fun! I would have loved to see all of that. And Zeek dancing with you would have made me cry for sure! He looks so cute with the chalk board! I can't wait to see him again in just 4 more weeks!
    Love Gra/Mom

    ReplyDelete

Followers