6.21.2010

Multitude Monday



We are home and overwhelmed with gratefulness. 
As we have come away from our blessings and routines at Gra and Pepere's, 
we are gently falling into our own again. 









holy experience


This Monday I am going to list the things that I am grateful for having had
during the past two weeks in NC, followed by the things that are standing out to
me as huge blessings and light in my own life at home, today. 

NC blessings:

Being face to face with my Mom for 11 days.

My dad/rick's smiles, stories, jokes and graces.

A fun filled day with my Dad and Louise. 

The porch rocking chairs.

The half circle, moss filled, brick stairs where our bare feet have stood, 
photos taken of, summer dresses grazed, where my baby has pilled rock sculptures, 
dripped bubbles, sprayed with the hose, stubbed his dirty toes.

The humming birds and bird garden.

All diets seized.

Angus beef burgers, cold pasta salads, Hellofagood Cheese, 
my Mom's cookies, Over the Boarder's Big Boarderito.

Swimming daily.

Sunning poolside.

Reading while floating in the "queens chair".

 My Mom's kitchen.

Mornings with Jesus, A Holy Experience, 
tears and prayers in my seat at the kitchen table.

The hot deck.

The screen porch.

Our guest room.

Little flushing.

Few showers.

Ice water in giant mason jar cups.

Sleeping next to my little baby every night.

The Kia.

Firefly catching.

Watching my Mom and dad/Rick sparkle loving my son.

Cannon balls.

Home vacuuming and pool cleaning robots to go with a wonderful cleaning lady.

Cicadas, frogs, and night time swimming.

Board games.

Pickles.

Peace and rest.


Home again blessings:

Greg.

Our friendship.

His touch.

Catching up on our shows and giggling through forbidden night time snacks together; 
ripples and french onion dip, skittles and cherry pop, boston cream pie yogurt,
frosted animal cookies with sprinkles...

My little boy in complete joy wrapped around his Daddy, again.

Alone time to fill the fridge for the week.






Our town, our people, and how close and connected I feel.
My heart jumps to smile at, walk near, pray for, and love the people who live 
in this place that I've recently questioned and now know I've always belonged.

My puppy, who's turned out to be a real Mama's girl.


The tight fresh landscaping of our front yard 
that I seemed to have forgotten feels so good.

The cleared empty straight lines of our beautiful quiet home.

The space calling us to live in it and fill it with us.

A man who knows how to keep his house spotless 
while his wife and child are away. :)

The table and chairs calling me from the newly treated 
expanse of deck out the back windows.

His presence in this place.

The green, green, green cover.

Zeek moving steady from one missed room, toy, activity, pet... to the next.
Playing and printing, running and crawling, scripting adventures in shouts and whispers, 
writing and sealing, delivering and looking wildly in his excitement as he takes it all back in.
Accounting "I really like this place, Mom."  
Me too. I really, really do like it here.

My kitchen.

The color on that wall that I never see anywhere else but here.

Writing lists on chalkboards.

The families God has blessed us with outside of our real ones.

My "little lambs" mamas, who I've miss desperately.

72 degrees.
Cool enough to have a fire and roast our favorite lunch and 
snack on our first day back.

Stemmed glasses, even just for water.

My water. 

Getting back to Homeschool dreams and plans for fall.

Soaking in Love & Logic CDs

Knowing when and where and how. 
Returning to our own routines.

Reminded fully that we have them in NC; 
loving and safety tucked in our back pockets, 
pouring out how blessed we are with this and that to have and to hold.

God is SO good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers