6.29.2012

Warriors in Training

I whisper it aloud again, standing in the gap - you're warrior mom being brought up right beside you, 

"not this time"

How many times I've thought about how things might have been if someone would have told me when I was three, four, six years old... 

I think of the kind of guidance and reasoning that comes from Truth and Spirit, vs that of our own ideas and systems. They're all around us. Ruffling their feathers like proud chickens. In time the distinction shows certain, like the difference between jumping off a cliff vs opening wings to soar. 

A boy at your school bullies.

And so it is. There are things in his life you haven't seen happen but have shaped his need to bring you down, for his salvation. Your's is in Jesus, so go to Him. Jesus says, 'love your enemy'. (matt 5:44) And I've found that if we can see a person's hurt when he's hurting us - to know that it hurts God that HIS PEOPLE are broken... it will help. 

You lay afraid in the night, filled with thoughts.

Welcome to having a mind. You and I are so alike. We refuse not to think. 
We have two options in everything... a blessing or a curse. 
Which will you have? 
Teach yourself to control your thoughts, 'take all thoughts captive' (2 corin 10:5), and it will make life so much easier. 
Think of three good things you will be dwelling on tonight, 'whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things' (phil 4:8). 
We have to make thoughts, we mustn't let thoughts come and make us.

I know that you are on a God guided path. Getting an early start to things I have only been allowed to see for the sake of showing you. Everything I've been molded into, good and sorry, are just what He wants for your mom to be, for you. What an honor. 

Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. (1Thes 5:16-18) 

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. You are doing a great job of allowing the Holy Spirit to work in you and through you.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete

Followers