10.14.2008

Silly Talker



Today you said a lot of really silly stuff to me. Even more so than usual.

When you woke up from your nap you were snuggling me and staring at my face while I quietly whispered to you how much me and your Daddy love you and want you. I said, 
“we are going to keep you forever and ever and ever…”


You looked so sweetly at me, reached your hand up to place it on my cheek and said, 
“I am going to bludgeon you”
…then you paused while I laughed hysterically at this sentiment, then continued straight-faced with, 
“and pull out one of your teeth.”

…………………………………………………………………………………………………




This afternoon we were exploring in the woods at the end of our road. I had been photographing and had to talk to you a couple of times about being careful around me with sticks and, well, bludgeoning actions because I was using my camera with my macro lens.

At one point you wanted me to hold you, which is rare so of course, I obliged. I kneeled down, wrapped my arms around you, still holding my camera in hand, and cuddled in for whatever love I could get.
You pulled away a little, looked at my camera and said,
“Mom, holding me sometimes means putting down your macro lens and picking me up.”

Jealous of a camera…
and who could blame you. 
Mama does love her photography. =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers