You have really been taking this three year old stuff seriously.
You stopped using the toddler potty seat in the bathroom all on your own with NO suggestions from anyone.
You are joining in at the library story times, telling me that this is what three year olds do.
You poured and mixed the ingredients with me. Then you used the spoon to scoop the dough out and roll it into balls. You rolled the balls in cinnamon and sugar and set them on your pan.
Your favorite part was eating the dough off the beaters. When I handed them to you, you said, “you’re so nice”. =)
The cookies were divine, and so were the many photos I got to take while YOU made them. You also loved taste testing them hot out of the oven.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cinnamon sugar
1. In a mixer bowl, cream together sugar and butter; beat in egg and vanilla.
2. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
3. Add to butter mixture.
4. Blend well.
5. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or till firm enough to roll into balls.
6. Shape dough into small balls about 3/4-inch in diameter.
7. Roll in cinnamon sugar to coat.
8. Set cookies 1-inch apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
9. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or till the edges are lightly browned.
10. Cool slightly on pans, then remove to racks to cool completely.