11.01.2009

october 31st

I think we've finally found a better tradition than what Greg and I grew up with in "halloween". I've wracked my brains trying to come up with something, because I know that it is difficult for Greg to have this day, his birthday no less, with nothing fun for his little boy.

So, I came up with a plan to have a party. Just the three of us. Lots of small token prizes, candy, games, movies, favorite foods and snacks, AND a treasure hunt!!!



We starting things off with the treasure hunt. We went all around the house from one gift with an attached clue to the next, receiving, reading, and seeking out the next hiding place. It was SO much fun! We all enjoyed it.



Next we played some new games that I picked up while eating snacks and candy.
Then we made little sand art bottles...



Finally, we ate dinner while we watched movies.
It worked out great, and no one was left disappointed, sad, left out, or bored.
In fact, we didn't even think about whether or not we'd get any trick-or-treaters. (which we did not)

This will definitely be the new thing for Greg's birthday. Although, next year there will surely be a grown up party too, since it will be his big four-O!
Now THAT is scary. ;)

Followers